Thursday, February 3, 2011

SHRINKY DINKS!

Today's favorite toy is...SHRINKY DINKS!!
Shrinky Dinks are AMAZING! and I just personally discovered them this past year! Apparently they have been around for a long time, (since 1973!) but they were never around in my house. Luckily, I have the ability to vicariously live through all the kids that come in to my toy store, and I also have access to anything I didn't get to do as a craft when I was younger.

http://www.shrinkydinks.com/video/video_hq.html

I have made some awesome earrings, charms, tree ornaments, and little doo-dads that will probably just sit in a jar (but are really fun to get out and play with every now and then)

Here are some brands of Shrinky Dinks I have used, sold, and enjoyed...
 The Klutz Shrinky Dink book is the first kind I tried. Comes with about 5 pages of shrinky dink paper AND awesome tips on what you can make! It also gives you lots of great pictures you can trace and shrink!

The Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dinks Monster Lab is so cute! Not just for Halloween, no, do not be deceived, this is for all seasons of monster loving! Not only do you get lots of cute little creatures to color and shrink, you get pipe cleaners and googly eyes and a pop-out scene to make your own little evil laboratory!! 





Shrinky Dinks brand! We get these from kind of a random source, but they are super cute as well! I keep all my extra paper in the envelope it comes with, and it gives you everything to color and shrink your own themed scenes. I did the Circus Jubilee, but there is also a Western and a Tiki Party one!



Shrinky Dinks can be made in your toaster oven and in your conventional oven. They literally take MINUTES to make, and are so fun to enjoy forever! You can make jewelry, charms for cards, or your own little toys to create a game with. Please be safe and assist your little beans when touching hot stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment